Teamwork has always been at the Heart of Southwest. While we celebrate our Employees for their uniqueness and individuality, it’s the sum of our People that truly makes Southwest great. All of our Cohearts, particularly our Frontline Employees, must work together to connect our Customers to what’s important in their lives.
We believe what works well for our Company can also work well for the planet. Southwest partners with organizations we believe complement and reinforce our values and help us promote natural resource preservation and conservation.
Student Conservation Association (SCA)
- What they do: SCA seeks to build the next generation of conservation leaders and inspire lifelong stewardship of the environment and communities by engaging young people in hands-on service to the land.
- Why we partner with them: SCA focuses on preservation and conservation by encouraging late high school and college-age students to learn environmental stewardship through hands-on activity. Older students hold a unique position in their communities—they can influence and promote conservation in ways that are unique to them.
- What they do: EcoRise provides schools with curriculum based on the principles of sustainability. It also provides professional development to sustainability educators.
- Why we partner with them: We believe that EcoRise’s K–12 curriculum and teacher-focused approach strongly complements our partnership with SCA. By partnering with EcoRise, we can equip educators to instill environmental principles and problem-solving skills in younger students.
National Forest Foundation
- What they do: The National Forest Foundation engages Americans in promoting the health and public enjoyment of our national forests.
- Why we partner with them: The National Forest Foundation takes a holistic view on the importance of forestland to the ecosystem—looking at the importance of trees, waterways, and watersheds from a 30,000-foot level. They focus on how healthy forests are integral to culture, community development, and prosperity.
- What they do: Groundwork Dallas is dedicated to improving the natural surroundings of the Dallas area. We work closely with area citizens, like-minded organizations, and the city to help realize a vision of a safer, cleaner, and healthier environment.
- Why we partner with them: While many of our other partnerships have a national reach, Groundwork Dallas gives us a chance to focus on environmental progress right in our own backyard. This partnership seeks to train and activate individuals to take care of local natural surroundings.
National Recreation & Parks Association (NRPA)
- What they do: NRPA works to advance parks, recreation, and environmental conservation efforts that enhance the quality of life for all people.
- Why we partner with them: NRPA focuses heavily on community engagement and bringing people together, particularly in disproportionately affected neighborhoods and communities. Through this partnership, we work with city and municipal governments, nonprofits, and other community organizations to promote and protect green infrastructure, as it can greatly benefit aesthetics, air quality, and water quality.
Like Southwest, our partners actively seek to make connections—with individuals, communities, and the environment. By picking partners whose objectives are consistent with ours and each other, we hope to promote and accelerate environmental progress. The work they are doing in education, environmental conservation, and community engagement constitutes an investment in our collective future.